I’m in a boring meeting, fortunately over Skype, so have time to bring you Antarctic iceberg crack develops fork from Aunty. Nicely, they’ve added Wales for scale; I don’t think Swansea is to scale though.
The pretty banding is SAR interferometry which is cute stuff, though I don’t think the article mentions that. The other picture in the article is also nice, with a clear break in the ice speed at the crack as you’d expect.
Update: bollox! I forgot the title first time round. That led to an amusing auto-title in Feedly. Fixed now.
* Don’t Let the Core Fall Out: Nitpicking Earth’s Magnetic Field – BB takes on the Universal Model, featuring Bickmore’s Second Law of Being Open-Minded: A person’s open-mindedness is inversely proportional to how much they lecture everyone else about open-mindedness.
* Gig-Economy Employers Aren’t Free Riding On The Welfare State – Employees Are – Timmy.
* Jerry Brown’s California Gets Infrastructure Right – Raise The Gas Tax To Pay For Roads – Timmy.
* Impacts – IX – Sea Level 4 – Sinking Megacities – SoD
* people build markets – JF