None of the following are warranted in any way. I’m just clearing out some old emails and didn’t want to completely throw them away. This may be only of interest to me, and possibly not even me.
* Spock warns of coming ice age
* Slowing down as an early warning signal for abrupt climate change – Vasilis Dakos, Marten Scheffer, Egbert H. van Nes, Victor Brovkin, Vladimir Petoukhov and Hermann Held, PNAS, 2008.
* Significant contribution to climate warming from the permafrost carbon feedback Andrew H. MacDougall, Christopher A. Avis & Andrew J. Weaver – Nature, 2012.
*Claim of solar influence is on thin ice: are 11-year cycle solar minima associated with severe winters in Europe? – Geert Jan van Oldenborgh, Jos de Laat, Juerg Luterbacher, William Ingram and Tim Osborn, in Klimazwiebel. Note last para.
* Increases in greenhouse forcing inferred from the outgoing longwave radiation spectra of the Earth in 1970 and 1997 – John E. Harries, Helen E. Brindley, Pretty J. Sagoo & Richard J. Bantges; Nature 410, 355-357 (15 March 2001) | doi:10.1038/35066553.
* Adjustments in the forcing-feedback framework for understanding climate change – Steven C. Sherwood, Sandrine Bony, Olivier Boucher, Chris Bretherton, Piers M. Forster, Jonathan M. Gregory, Bjorn Stevens. BAMS http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-13-00167.1.
* Law and Expediency – Bystander.
* Study of massive preprint archive hints at the geography of plagiarism
* Travels in the Alps Volume 2 Chapter 35 by Horace-Bénedict de Saussure.
Meanwhile, above the Franz Senn hut in Austria in September: