Actually A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it, but I’m allowed to paraphrase in titles. And anyway he said it in German, naturally. Today brings us news of another such advancement in science, with the reported death of Robert Carter.
As far as I can recall, he was a minor figure in the Great Climate Wars; at least, I don’t seem to have been very interested in him. He gets those usual suspects Robert M. Carter, C. R. de Freitas, Indur M. Goklany, David Holland & Richard S. Lindzen wrote in 2007; a throwaway line ($1,667 per month) from Heartland in 2012. That seems to be it. It’s a bit of a sad end when even I couldn’t be bothered to attack him. Sou was a bit more interested; or Deltoid back in the day.
* T’was on the Good Ship Venus (NSFW)
* Prescience from Carl Wunsch? – no; he’s too nice for that; but I suspect intent by RS
* Brian at Eli’s for a characteristically more generous response.
* Death of a salesman
* Veteran Climate Science Denialist Bob Carter Dies of Heart Attack – Graham Readfearn at DeSmogBlog (h/t w)
* Me in the Graun 🙂
* I come to bury Schneider not to praise him – James Delingpole in the Torygraph.
* Bob Carter Does his Business – Tamino
* Sick Warmists come to bury Schneider not to praise him and God only managed ten – RS
* So what did he actually do? – James’ Empty Blog
* An ironic tribute from JoNova
* Lifetime Achievement in Climate Science Award from the [[The Heartland Institute]] goes
* Bob Carter (1942-2016): Timing of death outdoes Kim Philby (FOGT)